Pages

Monday, January 21, 2008

So Far So Good

How often is the anticipation more enjoyable than the actual event. How often is the beginning the best part of a journey.

It's been a good start to the year. I've started doing a few things I should have begun earlier. With me, the most difficult part has always been the beginning. I have a lot of inertia when it comes to starting something new. And although on most occasions I've found the exercise to be quite rewarding once I start on it, yet somehow, the mental block very much remains.

Planning out things and making a road map for the future has never been one of my traits. Dreaming about what's possibly coming without actually expecting it to necessarily happen, is. Somehow I feel quite fresh right now. Not particularly happy or sad. But fresh. And I think it's mostly to do with the fact that this new year, I had reasons to start from a clean slate. A few demons which had bothered me for the better part of last year have been tamed to quite some extent. And although there hasn't been much of a change in the circumstances which had caused all those worries in the first place, yet, the excuse of a new year, a fresh beginning, has been good enough for me. The 'feel good' factor, which had deserted me last year, seems to be coming back, albeit slowly. And the only fathomable reason is the fact that it's a new beginning. Or maybe I had just got tired of being bothered all the time.

You could call me stupid. But I think sometimes all you need is an excuse. An excuse to feel that things are coming around bit by bit. Doesn't matter even if it's just in the mind. Doesn't matter even if it's something as cliched as a 'Happy New Year'.

And yes, the cricket has been phenomenal and waking up at 7 in the morning has become more of a norm.

And this version of Waltzing Matilda by John Williamson has been on my mind since morning. Love his style of narration.

No comments: