Pages

Monday, August 06, 2007

Time Out

Do you ever feel the need to be completely alone. Away from the computer, away from the faces you see everyday, away from the people you talk to day in day out. Out of the room that you live in. Just to be with yourself and nothing else. Do you ever feel the need to block out the myriad thoughts that keep crossing you mind every second, the urge to leave behind every object that is a part of you daily existence. And does it help if you go out for a walk on the lonely streets of your colony at 11 in the night.

It helped me. I felt better. The weather was lovely and there was a hint of rain in the air. I realized that my N70 has really good audio quality. It might also be because I was consciously picking highly stereophonic songs so that I could drown in them and lose myself. A few of the songs kept reminding me of people, of time and also of places. Its strange how we associate things with each other. There were also a few very brief moments, when my mind was completely blank, devoid of any thought. But none of them lasted long. I came back after an hour though I could have walked for another. A slight drizzle had started to worry me. I never mind getting wet in the rain (has happened quite frequently of late), but I wasn't sure of my cell phone's preferences.

On a slightly different context, I've fallen in love with Coldplay. I just cant stop admiring their sound which is so high on piano and the echoing guitar. Chris Martin's vocals (especially his false voice) are a joy to listen to. And some of the songs have haunting lyrics. Fix You, The Scientist, Yellow, Trouble, Clocks, Speed Of Sound, Don't Panic....

6 comments:

Shreyas said...

Time out...really? These days all i do is take the 11 pm walk on the street. I went shopping the other day so that i could see some faces...its funny how the same thing can mean really different things...
but nice thought all the same

Rohan Rai said...

waise dost I have been using this therapy for long and probably you know that already...but adding to it sometimes I have my quiet time just to maintain my sanity not just because I want to feel better...But again, brooding over it a little more, ultimately every action is probably driven for the feel good experience...

cathatfished said...

you need to put a label on this one.

Atish said...

It's a 'Time Out'

cathatfished said...

introspection? nahi...?
you may want a record of this one too :)

Atish said...

The record will remain...i just dont want to tag it.. maybe that will be a tag in itself :)